Although the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has released new recommendations, at this time the LA County Health Officer Order remains in effect across LA County. Masks are still required in most settings, including in all child care programs.
Young children cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19. It is important that all guidance on masking and social distancing continue to be followed to protect the young children we care for.
There are signs about the mask requirement available in multiple languages. Child care programs can print and post these signs so families understand that masks are still required.
Click on a link below to find and download the signs.
Below is a summary of LA County’s mask requirements.
Masks are still required for everyone at:
- Large events, public transportation, retail, and business establishments
- Workplaces (under Cal/OSHA masking and distancing requirements)
Masks are still required for all unvaccinated people:
– Outdoors anytime distancing cannot be maintained
Masks are still not required for fully vaccinated people:
- Outdoors unless attending crowded events
- Indoor and outdoor visits with other fully vaccinated people and with unvaccinated people from one household without high risk people